Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rupert Blanchard


Rupert Blanchard is one very amazingly talented Designer and I think it's safe to say, he's my favourite Designer by far, everything he makes is Upcycled and Salvaged Materials.
As a young boy he loved collecting the watchmakers drawers, he lined his grandmothers kitchen with them, still all filled with useless bits and pieces, odd screws and string. he started hoarded what he refers to as 'junk' and created a very wide set of connections with other collectors, it was then that he decided that these things were just sitting around, he wanted to give them a new life, so he did just that, creating furniture out of old timber crates, metal signs, drawers and all sorts of discarded gems.
His pieces are absolutely stunning and I adore every single one of his creations, a truly remarkable man.

2 comments:

  1. He really is. No doubt about it. Is there any way to contact him? I would love to talk to him personally, so much to learn from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, I don't believe I have a phone number or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure this here is his email address :) might as well give it a try
      rukoka79@ymail.com

      Delete