Recently my Cousin was put in hospital as she copped a horses hoof in the side. She was able to come home last night and I'm dropping in to see her this morning so I figured it was the perfect time to make her some of these cute little flowers.
Hot Glue Gun
1. First thing you will need to do is Cut Your Flowers from the Egg Carton, Be creative with it, there are many different flowers to be uncovered in there. You can even cut out some leaves to add some more colour.
2. Choose your Paint Colours, I went for Pastels so they had a soft feel to them. Paint your flowers the desired colours and allow them to dry.
3. Using your Cake Skewer poke a hole in the bottom of each flower for the wire to poke through. Push your wire through the hole and twist it tightly around the skewer and then slide the skewer out from the middle, this coil will stop it from falling back through the hole. Then cut your wire to length, Continue until there is a stem on each flower.
4. Heat up you glue gun, press hot glue into the centre of your flower and push your button into it before it sets, this will keep your stem in place so it wont slide down the wire and cover up the coil.
5. Arrange the flowers as you like them and then twist the stem together to keep them there, cut them all to the same length and then using a scrap piece of metal wrap it tightly around the stems near the top to keep them in place.
6. Last thing to do is tie your ribbon around the stem and there you have it, your very own Upcycled Flowers.